EAST TALLINN CENTRAL HOSPITAL
In the course of long-term cooperation, we have created a new website for East Tallinn Central Hospital and a prior technical analysis aimed at making the functionality and end-user solutions more user-friendly.
East Tallinn Central Hospital (ITK) is one of the largest hospitals in Estonia, whose treatment areas are divided into seven independent clinics: diagnostic clinic, internal clinic, eye clinic, women's clinic, surgical clinic, rehabilitation clinic and nursing and care clinic. Under the clinics, the centers and departments specializing in the specialty operate even more narrowly.
In the course of our long-term cooperation, we have created a new website for the hospital and a prior technical analysis that follows exactly the capabilities and logics of the platform used. The aim of the new website was to make the functionality and end-user solutions more user-friendly and to update and update the platform using Drupal.
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
- Logical structuring of a very large set of information and development of website design and architecture.
- The importance of the logic of service connections - there are hundreds of different services in centers and clinics and their interconnection in the development of Drupal.
- Improving usability with the automatic Elasticsearch search bar on the home page, which allows you to create step-by-step search criteria.
- A self-managed, convenient content management platform, where it is possible to create forms, change texts and banners, and thus operatively share information with all parties (patients, visitors, partners, etc.).
- The entire website is being reorganised. Drupal allows you to build a website from modules and manage and refine menu options.
- An important medium for people in the medical profession - the website contains instructions and manuals, a news module, a training-conference calendar and much more.